Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hi-Definition Images of Milky Way

Now, this is really an old piece of news but I was browsing through Wired Science's website just now and I came across this article. Astronomers had compiled a series of high-definition resolution individual frames (24752x13520) using NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope to create the mosaic picture below:




There is even a dedicated viewer to get the full experience on the beauty of the Milky Way too. All these images are simply way too cool and I envy the guys' luck in getting assigned to do this job. It could be those once-in-a-lifetime chance ever. I bet these astronomers also get nice, fat salary checks to boot as well.

Right now I am using the viewer to look at the Milky Way and it's simply awesome! It's definitely worth seeing, you know. Billions and billions of stars are in that galaxy and they are so bright.

If you have the time, do pop over to view the awesome Milky Way. I'll be on the lookout for more of such sites too.

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment