Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Now it's the Aurora Borealis

Wired Science is quite a good website with lots of gorgeous pictures on the galaxies, space and nature. I am only browsing a small portion of the site and I found quite a couple of awesome pictures that I have never seen before.

One of those pictures is the famed Aurora Borealis. You can click here to see the article. I have also posted the same picture below for illustration purposes.


The Aurora Borealis


It's cool, isn't it? If you head over to wikipedia, there is a general explanation on the phenomena. Wikipedia also has some really cool pictures too. See below:


Aurora Borealis, Bear Lake


Aurora Borealis, Fairbanks, Alaska


Aurora Borealis, Antarctica


Nature can be so intriguing in its own way. All these lights dancing across the night sky is something that is unique to Mother Nature. I hope I can witness this glorious show in the future soon and Alaska is one of the places to offer the unique view.

Good night, Aurora Borealis.

No comments:

Post a Comment