Tuesday, November 4, 2008

This is a follow-up picture to my first discharge on the 6 cells battery for my MSI Wind. Click on the thumbnail to get a bigger picture.



As the battery is still new, I will need to discharge it a couple of times before it finally stabilizes. But overall, the battery life for the 6 cells is around 5 hours, give or take. This is provided if the screen brightness is set to the minimum level and with only WIFI turned on. I rarely use other functions like the webcam or the bluetooth technology.

This in turn, helps to increase the battery life and giving a much more favourable lifespan than the 3 cells battery shit. I am a light user and my main activity is web-surfing. So this Wind works out to a nicely timing of roughly 5 hours and that's more than enough time.

However the battery life is still pretty much dependent on the user's usage pattern. If you turn on all the functions and do intensive work like photoshopping or browse videos all the time, stream music in the background, etc then you will drain the battery much faster.

Me is something of a computer idiot so web-surfing and a little bit of photoshop is pretty much all I do on my Wind.

Next I will post up comparison pictures of the 3 cells and 6 cells battery as well as the overclock function to give a rough idea of what my Wind is capable of doing. Not by much though. =(

Oh well. At least it's better than nothing. Tada!

No comments:

Post a Comment