Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Barack Obama Wins the USA Presidential 2008 Race

History has just been written into the books of USA. Yesterday's race for a new US president resulted in an expected win for Democratic candidate, Barack Obama.

Hundreds of thousands of American who had been yearning to see a shift change in the political scene casted their vote behind the man who would become America's first black president. In addition, they also showed through their voting that support for the Republicans is rapidly waning. Many Americans are very unhappy with President George Bush, who kept waging wars endlessly for the past five years and often with many fatalities that left families broken.

To add salt to the wound, the current economic crisis is proving too much for the US government, and the public, to handle. Thus loss of confidence from both investors and citizens might have contributed hugely to the Republicans' loss. And more specifically, to John McCain.

For me, I am hoping that Obama will not follow in the footsteps of that damn Bushfire and start waging fires wars on Afghanistan again. It's time to pool precious wood resources into other areas, more specifically the US economy.

With the lousy US economy crisis, everywhere else in the world is also feeling and getting the pinch. Here in Singapore, prices of essentials like rice, oil and water have gone up largely due to the US economic crisis.

Furthermore, we are still facing the onslaught of tainted food from damn China and that has definitely NOT help us a single bit. Most of our products are currently sourced or made in China and many people are worried about getting food poisoning from eating such stuffs.

Well, I'm not surprised by that. C for China. C for Corrupt. China and Corruption comes hand in hand. All right, I may sound very harsh here but that's just the way the officials work in China. No money no gain. So the China people are quite a bunch of practical and intelligent species. You can't doubt that.

Every small little thing can transform into a poorly made China product. From Louis Vuitton to Hermes to toothpaste to soaps to biscuits to drinks. You name it, they already re-make it. It's interesting how these China brains work so fast and seize a money-making opportunity.

Between the US and China now, I really don't know who is the greater evil. Both countries' economies have major impact on Singapore's economy and God knows that we can't afford to have either one of them being belly up. That would be a disaster. If both economies go belly up, then we are in deep shit man. No joke.

When that happens, I want to find my Edward Cullen a.ka. twinkie in cleolinda language quickly and get him to whisk me off to some obsure places where I can escape from the impending calamity. I would swear on my grave, if I had one, of course.

In really extreme cases where survival is at stake, i.e. I can't afford to buy staples like rice, bread or even potatoes, then I would get my twinkie to give me that special love bite so that I can feast on bears instead. Lions are welcome too. Or penguins. Hmmm penguins are so so so cute. Oh all right. I will spare them on the account that they are nearing extinction now. Then when I had my fill, I would dance with my twinkie under the stars on the arctic ice. Won't that be so romantic? Plus I won't even need a winter jacket since I'm supposed to be dead and get as cold as the ice. Wee!

Ok ok ok . Enough of my dream talk. I'm sure it's gonna disgust some people. Wahahaha! That would have been my goal. You are tricked! Ok, I think my sanity might be at stake here. Hmmm...

No matter what, I am definitely looking forward to see the changes as promised by Obama and see a transformed US. Otherwise, it will be just like another round of suffering like the one bestowed on us by that Bushfire. In that case, I will grab and activate my twinkie!!! Muawahahaha!

Meanwhile, Obama looks forward to his victory celebration before eventually settling down to his new office. Well, he better celebrate and enjoy his victory to the fullest because after that, a daunting task is awaiting him back in office. Hint: Economic Crisis.

I won't envy his position right now. It would be a big challenge to tackle the economy successfully and it might just make or break his presidential seat. Will he prevail? Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment