Thursday, August 13, 2009

Perseids for Google Logo

I was browsing through the web earlier when I came across Google's new design for its logo. It looks very interesting and upon clicking on the picture, I was brought to a search page containing everything on the Perseid meteor shower.




Google Search Home Page (click on the image to enlarge)




Live image of the Perseid meteor shower (Credit: NASA)


According to NASA's page, this is an annual occurance that can be seen in the North America. The Perseid meteor shower is so-called because it appears to radiate from the constellation Perseus. This meteor shower seems to appear mostly in the Northern hemisphere. Well, I suppose I won't be able to see this kind of phenomenon in my part of the world. Singapore is situated directly in the centre of the Earth and that means we miss seeing lots of interesting stuffs that goes on in the atmosphere. I really hate that.

So the only way to enjoy these phenomenons is to go to websites like NASA, where pictures were taken using the latest technological equipments to capture that precious moment in the sky. The universe is such a wonderful entity that continues to thrill us non-stop with its display of works such as meteor showers.

I have never seen a meteor shower before and I heard it's really amazing to see it with your own eyes. Aww... I really wish that I could be in North America right now to see the Perseid meteor shower.

Oh man, my life sucks. Big time. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment