Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Tired Day @ Work

Today is such a sleepy day for me. I had to attend my night class last night and I was supposed to be going home early. Yet I ended up reaching home only at 11.45pm because my group mates decided to talk about the annoying freeloader in our project group.

By the time I finished my supper and bath, it was nearing 1am. Plus it was such a draining session at the lecture that my brain was already getting drowsy. All these inconveniences now hit me today at work too. I could barely keep my eyes open while doing work. I know many people have been spying on me, waiting to complain about me to my boss but I simply can't summon enough energy to stay awake.

Even though I am writing this entry, I am still yawning away. Now I finally undestand that it is not easy studying as a part-time university student while working full-time. Time management is very important and now I am trying to make sure that I don't miss my assignments deadlines.

The only thing that's left is my sleep. I don't have enough sleeping hours in order to make it through the day during work. Even my tiredness shows on my face right now. *sighs* I wish I can go home right now. My concentration is so low at work today that I am not alert enough to stop people from catching me sleeping. Actually, it's more like dozing off while staring at my laptop screen.

My working environment is very bad due to the fact that it's a very political place. Mind you, I sucks big time at playing office politics. That is why I keep encountering so many problems that now my boss keep giving unnecessary trouble.

The more I try to stay out of trouble, the worse it gets for me. This morning my boss sent a stupid email on one of the e-payments that I made last month. This was for the clearance of the conservancy charges made to the town councils. The previous temporary staff had no problems while raising all these payments using the accounts codes that she was given by my colleague. So when I took over her duties, naturally I followed the same codes.

Yet my boss decided to stir up trouble for me by saying that I used the wrong code and that I should suggest a new code for the charges. What I don't understand is that why she kept silent when the temporary staff was doing the same thing yet she raised out her accusations when it was my turn to do the exact same thing.

It all boils down to the same conclusion. My boss wants me to leave the company and she is trying her very best to make me feel unwelcome. By questioning every single work
I did, she is not giving me the due respect that I deserve as an employee. Instead she tries all ways to find mistakes in my work. I am a human being and I am not perfect. So I make mistakes, just like everyone else! Why is she turning me into a pariah?

Maybe I should have suck up to her when I first entered the company. That should have been the best way to play the politics here. But truthfully speaking, I see no point in engaging all these politics. All I want is that I can get my pay at the end of the day. That's all. Sucking up to bosses is not my strong point at all but somehow all my colleagues in my departments are experts at that.

That is how my boss is like. Honestly, it's time that I should look for a new job. This government statutory board sucks big time. Pui!

No comments:

Post a Comment