Monday, January 26, 2009

Wow! It's the Year of the Cow

Time passes by so quickly and before I know it, it's time to usher in the Year of the Ox and send away the Year of the Rat in the Chinese lunar horoscope.

The Rat year has not been very good and it's all the same usual stuffs like the Sichuan earthquake, Mumbai bombings, Myanmar tsunamis, global economic crisis, tainted milk crisis and many more. It seems to be more happening than any other years.

Be it the English year or the lunar year, it's all the same. Disasters one after another, never stopping to give us a breather in life.

Will the new year usher in a change of fortune? For the Singapore Flyer, it seems to be the case. News reported that the Singapore Flyer, which had been closed for a month due to technical fault, has been reopened today, just in time for the lunar new year.

As for me, so far nothing significant has happened and it's quite a disappointment. This year I decided not to take the initiative to approach Moonie and Queenie to go out on the first day of the lunar new year, as was the case in previous years. I want to see if they would approach me instead. Yet I was disappointed when they truly did not bother to contact me. Guess our friendship is nothing more than just words. *sighs*

So I went to pay house visits to my mum's relatives, though I was hoping that I could stay at home for the whole day. I have no mood to go anywhere this year. My mum can be quite a kancheong queen sometimes. Most of my relatives don't pop in for visits very early, except for one of my coousins.

My mum wanted to catch this cousin in order to see her daughter, so she woke me up rather early. Me being me, naturally I dragged and lazed about in my bed to avoid getting up. Still, sometimes mothers' powers can be hard to block out. *grins*

In any case, we didn't manage to see that cousin in time. The travelling alone took up quite some time as I lived in the east and my relatives live in the north.

Frankly speaking, my holidays are usually quite boring and I don't have many exciting stuffs happening. But today I almost came face to face with a guy that I never want to see in my life again.

My mum forced me to do house visit to this particular aunt and her son had once did something very bad to me. Hence I had never wanted to see him again. The past few times that I went to her house, he wasn't around as he had been either put away in a boys' home or in jail.

However, today he's no longer in jail and didn't even went out with his stupid girlfriend. Instead he stayed at home and slept. Well I wished that he could go on sleeping without waking up but my mum's super loud voice had woken him up.

It was a good thing that I felt bored and had tuned in to my iPod to watch one of the InuYasha's movie. So my hair had hidden my face and thus, I won't have to see that guy, even if he's standing close. It was an unbearable time, waiting for my mum to finish whatever chitchat she had and that we could quickly head home. It certainly felt like hours to me.

During the whole time, I never turned my head in his direction and never llifted up my head even though my shoulders were aching. When my mum finally decided to leave, it was such a huge relief and I quickly stepped out of the house to get my shoes and leave.

Phew. I am glad that I didn't get to see his face so that I won't get nightmares. Hmmm, probably it wouldn't hurt to see how he looks like after all those years in jail. I heard from my mum that he was once caned 14 times for drug trafficking offences. Oh whatever. This guy gives me the chills.

So I managed to survive my first lunar day without any problems. Time to get back to my InuYasha.

See ya!

And a Happy Chinese New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment