Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Short Update on my 6 cells battery

I have just collected my 6 cells 5200 mAH battery from Corbell yesterday and left it to charge for around 10 hours.

Today is my first discharge and I started using my Wind at around 2.13pm and the battery has lasted till now, and the time reads 9.16pm.

That's like 7 hours of usage for me, with the brightness level set to minimum and with only WIFI turned on. Nothing else. All I did was just web surfing, which is my main purpose of getting the Wind.

Now my battery indicator tells me that I'm left with around 12% of power or about 33 minutes of usage time. Wee!

So far, I have been very pleased with my new battery set & coupled together with my existing 3 cells battery, I can safely chucked my power adaptor at home without any worries of running out of battery power.

Now, MSI should have done this a long time ago and not make users wait infinitely for the 6 cells battery to arrive. That was such a torture. With my 3 cells battery producing only 90 minutes worth of battery life, I am literally bound to my room AND to the power adaptor. Not an amusing thing, I can tell ya that.

So, all in all, this 6 cells battery is a worthy bargain @ $99 for early adoptors. Now I'm truly mobile! w00t!

No comments:

Post a Comment