Monday, November 3, 2008

A Really Cool Old Song by Bangles: Eternal Flame

I had came across a truly old classic song that sound good even after all these years. This song is almost as old as I am, mind you. LOL. Here's a video of the song below:





This song is sung by Bangles and its title is Eternal Flame. I thought the lyrics are quite cool and the music is very soothing to the ears. Well, to mine, at the very least.

Here's the lyrics for some references:


Close your eyes, give me your hand, darling
Do you feel my heart beating
Do you understand
Do you feel the same
Am I only dreaming
Is this burning an eternal flame

I believe it's meant to be, darling
I watch you when you are sleeping
You belong with me
Do you feel the same
Am I only dreaming
Or is this burning an eternal flame

Say my name, sun shines through the rain
A whole life so lonely
And then you come and ease the pain
I don't want to lose this feeling

repeat bridge

repeat verse 1 and 2


Simple yet alluring. Too bad there's only 1 famous hit to this all-female band. It would have been great if the rest of the hits are as famous and well-known as Eternal Flame. Sadly enough, internal rifes within the band caused them to break up. Even though they have come back together again, things are never the same again.

Oh well. At least they had 1 hit song to their credit and that's saying something after all.

1 comment:

  1. "Too bad there's only 1 famous hit to this all-female band"

    You are mistaken. In addition to Top 50 hits in America and worldwide, the Bangles hit the Top Ten with more than 'Eternal 'Flame.'

    In 1986 'Walk Like An Egyptian' hit #1 on The Billboard Charts and stayed there for four weeks in a row - a feat no other all-female band had ever achieved. That same year 'Manic Monday' went to #2. In 1988 'In Your Room' went to #5,'Hazy Shade Of Winter' peaked at #2 on The Billboard Charts.

    ReplyDelete