Friday, September 26, 2008

MRT Service Disruption at Bedok Station

Today is simply not a day for travelling.

The first that registered my mind when I woke up this morning was the rain pouring heavily outside my home. The rain continued well onto my journey to work. Hence the bus arrived late and the driver drived very slowly. By the time I reached the Bedok MRT Station it was already 8am.

Another setback was awaiting for me upon my arrival at the MRT control station. There was chaos at the station due to a train service disruption at Paya Lebar MRT Station and the repercussions travelled all the way to Bedok.

We could not enter the MRT platform as the station had closed up the entry tapping points. As minutes ticked by, more people arrived and cramped the station. It was only about 8.10am that they finally allowed the commuters to enter the platforms.

When I finally reached the platforms, I was faced with trains that were too overcrowded to board. At 8.15am, 3 trains passed by before I could managed to get onto the 4th train and even then, it made a tight squeeze. It was a great effort trying to remain upright while the train moved and jerked at a slow pace.

My only consolation is that by the time the train reached Raffles Place Station, most of the crowd would have already left the train and I could find a seat to rest before I reach my destination at Commonwealth Station.

The thing is, by the time my train reached Commonwealth Station, it was raining heavily around the area and that sort of dampened my spirits. The small road in front of my work building is notorious for serious water flooding during heavy rainfall and I was hoping that today it would not flood. In my life, I have never encountered any water flooding until I started work here. Life never fails to amaze me.

Much to my relief, it was indeed clear though there were lots of water puddles around. At least I could still cross the road to my building and not having to waddle through knee-high muddy water.

And so that marked the end of my morning journey to work and by the time I reached office, it was already 9.15am.

Gosh!

No comments:

Post a Comment