Friday, September 26, 2008

F1 Makes History in Singapore

It was a night to remember for it's the first time in the history of both F1 and Singapore that a night race is scheduled here.

Tonight, we got a glimpse of what's coming on this Sunday night. The F1 drivers tested and practiced on the Singapore Grand Prix circuit and part of it was shown live on national TV on Ch 5. It was a sight to behold for it's been a long time ever since the last time a race had been held here. And for Singapore, it's the first time that an international racing competition is held here and this is the opportunity for Singapore to show the world what it's got to show.

I anticipated for this day for quite a while, though I never went the extra mile and bought the tickets to the Grand Prix at Marina Bay. Many reports have already been written about this historical event and it's bound to be crowded with lots of F1 enthusiasts. I would rather stay at home and watch the event on TV in my own comfort. This way, I don't have to jostle with other people to get a view of the racing cars.

Well, I know nothing beats the experience of being able to watch F1 racing directly at the circuit but the ticket pricing is so high that I rather stay at home and watch. Besides, when the event ends, I don't have to endure big crowds while trying to get home using the public transport.

Besides, my viewing experience will be enhanced by my Samsung 40" LCD TV. That alone is enough to entice me to stay at home and watch the race.

Oh man, I can't wait for Sunday night to arrive so that I can watch F1 racing on our homeland. Plus I want to see who will win Singapore Grand Prix this year. Will it be Lewis Hamilton, or will Felipe Massa dash his dreams by winning the event? Or will Kimi Raikkonen finally gets his much-needed break here? We don't know much here but from the practice just now, only 1 name stood out.

Fernando Alonso.

He scored the fastest lap time on scoresheet, giving new hopes of a win here for Renault team. In addition, a win here would mean that he will be Singapore's first ever Grand Prix winner and that's an honour too.

How will things come out? I do not know but I do know that I shall be tuning in to tv tomorrow night to watch the qualifying rounds. That would be so exciting. Wee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment