Sunday, August 24, 2008

A fantastic night for Beijing

At last, good things have to come to an end and the Beijing Olympics 2008 is no exception. I had just watched the live telecast of the closing ceremony of the Beijing Olympics 2008 on Starhub and every single bit of the show made me felt so proud of being a Chinese although after a while, that feeling abandoned me as I realised that I'm not a true blue China Chinese.

I'm a Singaporean Chinese but watching the Beijing Olympics has made me feel as though I'm teleported to China. The whole ceremony was so cool and beautiful. International stars such as Wang Lee Hom, Jackie Chan, Andy Lau and even David Beckham came to the ceremony.

FYI, Beckham came with the contigent for Great Britain as it will be the host for the next Olympics Games, which is to be held in 2012 in London. This shall be the third time that London has hosted the Olympics Games and the world waits in anticipation on what it will bring, especially after the unexpected tremendous success of the Beijing Games.

Tonight truly belongs to the Chinese people and it will be remembered forever as having the best Games in history of the modern era. Several world records and olympics records were broken throughout the 16 days of glory.

1 man shall be remembered as the greatest olympian: Michael Phelps with his 8 golds haul.

1 country shall be remembered as the greatest gold medals holder: China with 51 golds to boot.

1 team shall be remembered as the second best in table tennis: Team Singapore, which won a silver medal in 48 years.

Everything about the Olympics 2008 has been nothing short of fantastic and everybody knows it. It shows a brand new China to the world. Now it's up to the world to embrace the new China of the modern day.

For remembrance sake, I had taken pictures of the ceremony showing on TV. Go to this album for the shots. They aren't great but at least I'm happy that I have got something to show for the next generation. That I've got a piece of history with me.

Enjoy... Cherish.

And now, onwards to London 2012.

=D

No comments:

Post a Comment