Saturday, June 13, 2009

Movie Watch: Drag Me To Hell

Last night, I went to watch Sam Raimi's latest movie with Queenie, Drag Me to Hell, at Plaza Singapura's Golden Village.



Since the film is directed by Spiderman's famed director, I can't give this movie a miss. For the most part, it was satisfying as sudden shocks and surprises jumped at the audiences in-between the storyline.

The sound effects are especially good and they succeeded in creating scares and tense atmosphere that made most of the girls in the cinema cringed in horror. But both Queenie and I were not affected as we are seasoned horror movie-goers, so there's pretty much nothing that can scare us.

Still this movie is very realistic and do borders on the ridiculous edge as well. I mean, just how much yucky liquid Sam Raimi is going make that actress swallow just to satisfy his sadistic tendencies?

The poor actress ate almost everything from maggots to flies to saliva to vomit to soil to blood. Just about everything that you can think yucky of, she's done them all in this movie. Poor Alison Lohman.

Overall the movie isn't that bad but the ending is kind of, duh. Our heroine thought she managed to escape from hell's clutches, only to be sent back right into hell by her unknowing boyfriend. And that was right after she went through the process of digging up the cursed old woman's grave and stuck the so-called accursed button right into the mouth.

What can I say, Christine? You are just fated to be in hell. Oh ho ho ho... Yeah~ that's just about it.

On a side note, while I was waiting for Queenie to arrive, I went to Sasa to get my eyebrows trimmed and the service was totally free. Oh boy that was quite a delightful find. However I did bought some items like mascara and facial masks from the shop so it's not as though I am a cheapskate person.

Right so that's just about it. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment