Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Japanese Pop Star Drunk in Park

Whoa, a member of the hugely popular Japanese boyband, SMAP, has been arrested for being drunk and naked in a park near the Roppongi district.

Neighbours called in the police after they discovered Tsuyoshi Kusanagi was being rowdy and he was taken into custody soon after.

When I googled his name to see how he look like, I was very surprised to see that it was this guy below:




He acted in several popular Japanese TV dramas when I was in secondary school and I enjoyed watching him in those shows. He projected such a squeaky clean image that it was hard to reconcile with the scandal that has tarnished his image beyond repair.

Reports stated that several commercials starring him were dropped and brands like Toyota also dropped him as their ambassador.

Now the public are waiting to see if he would be charged with public indecency despite that he's a big star in Japan. Big star or not, that kind of behaviour is simply not acceptable in Japan. If it happens in the West, then he would probably be let off with a warning but he wasn't.

Stars these days are in the news for all the wrong reasons and no wonder they get so much flak. Anyway I rarely watch TV shows these days. Animes are my obsession and so do mangas. These mediums carry no real human images, only drawings so I guess I'm pretty weird.

=D

No comments:

Post a Comment