Friday, March 6, 2009

Kuroshitsuji Manga on Sale at Kinokuniya

I had finally submitted my application to a degree course at Global SIM earlier this evening with one of my colleagues from Nursing.

As she knew how to get to the place, Wendy offered to accompany me to submit my application and we went for dinner after that. Well, I was disappointed that I couldn't apply to the university of my choice as my results weren't that good enough.

It was a UK university but I ended up settling for an Australian university which had a much lower ranking than the UK one. Oh well, I am truly not qualified to study in prestigious schools anyway. Let's hope that I can succeed in entering this Australian one otherwise I'm better off sticking with just my diploma. Who in the world needs a degree to survive as a human anyway?

Hmmm....

Right so after that, we headed to Bugis for a simple dinner at NYDC at Parco Bugis. There was a cute Elmo plush toy on display and we promptly took picture of it with our handphones. See mine below, taken with Nokia N95 8GB:




As for food, I chose the Hawaiian baked pasta and I added lots of cheese onto it. Hee... Wendy was quite shocked to see me putting so much cheese onto my food.




For window shopping, we popped in to some shoe shops as well as Kinokuniya.

Whoa, I was so excited to see that they were selling the Kuroshitsuji mangas at $6.71 each. I wonder if I should buy them even though I have access to online scans. If only I have a Kinokuniya membership card, then I could enjoy a 10% discount off the pricing. Hmmm but the subscription fee is not cheap and I don't really shop very often at Kinokuniya.

But the Kuroshitsuji mangas made me feel very tempted to buy as the drawings inside are superb. Too bad the books are all skrink-wrapped so I can't browse through them. Currently they are selling volume 1 to 5. The latest volume 6 is not among the selection so I can only assume that it's not yet available outside of Japan.

I think all the mangas are in chinese versions so I might have a little problem reading as my chinese has really gone down the drain. Oops.

Hmmm so should I apply for the Kinokuniya membership card then buy the mangas? Or stick to online reading? Hmmmm....

Well I suppose it might not be worth getting the membership card after all. A yearly subscription fee of $21.40 means that I would need to spend more than $200 per year at the shop to recoup my membership fee. Honestly, I don't spend that much of money on books.

So I'm better off with my online reading for now. Until the day when I truly become a rich person like Emma Watson. Heehee...

No comments:

Post a Comment