Friday, November 14, 2008

Crazy ACJC Students Truly A Disgrace to Singapore

For the past few days, netizens have been very active in Hardwarezone.Com for one very interesting discussion: the ragging of an ACJC female student on her birthday.

Youngsters these days have the tendency to carry things way too far and often at the expense of other people's feelings. This poor girl's only problem is that it happened to be her birthday and her "pals" decided to do a special celebration for her. The whole celebration was videotaped and uploaded onto Youtube.

Things got out of proportion when netizens picked up the video and were disgusted by the degree of ragging done. Soon word got around and everybody got on to forums to talk about it. The next thing we know, it was soon published in the newspapers, mainly The Straits Times, Today and mypaper.

In my opinion, the ragging went too far and if my own friends were to do that to me, I would severe all ties with them. Can you imagine being tied to poles and having food forced down your throat, milk poured all over you anf not to mention being videotaped and having that video posted online with a tag labelled "loser"? To add the cherry to the topping, all these ragging were done right in the school's compound, in full sight of other students and heck! even the discipline master had walked past the ragging with little interference.

Aren't teachers supposed to protect students as well as imparting knowledge to them? ACJC is SUPPOSED to be an elite school with top-notch students. Yet those "top-notch" students are nothing more just animals without brains and feelings.

I bet the poor girl went along with it as she had no choice. She might run the risk of getting ostracized if she reject the ragging. In our younger generation's world, you apparently have to have a mind made from steel in order to survive all these ridiculous pranks. I don't understand why these youngsters see the need to create all these chaos just to make themselves seem powerful in the eyes of others.

Boy, I'm glad that I don't belong to this weird generation and therefore I don't have to face with being humiliated on my super special day. Birthdays are something to be enjoyed, to be savoured slowly as you embrace the day with new beginnings.

Yet for this poor girl, it's all humiliation. I don't know what this girl is thinking but some netizens had checked and said that the girl does not harbour any bad feelings towards her friends. This girl is way too weird for me to understand.

Nonetheless, it made us sit up and realised what kind of future leaders that Singapore will be getting. This makes my hairs stand on ends and I wish I will never be around to witness Singapore's fall from grace due to such rascals.

Bah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment