Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Hynoptic Power of the Twilight Saga

Finally. It's done.

I have completed my reading of the whole Twilight saga and I must say it was quite an eye-opener for me.

I rarely read vampires stories like those of Anne Rice and so, Stephenie Meyer's Twilight was my first foray into the vampire world.

Overall, I am happy with the whole series as it touched on several topics from love to family to friends to alliance to power. There's so much more to each book than just a love story on Isabella [Bella] Swan's love with an ancient vampire, Edward Cullen.

The story arc covers literally everyone in the plot. From the first time Bella seen Edward to her despair when Edward left her for her safety and then coming back together again forever, it has been hell of a ride.

Though in the final book, Breaking Dawn, it seems quite dubious when all of a sudden Bella turns into the strongest member of the Cullen vampire family, a big contrast when she was first introduced as a clumsy and injury-prone human in Twilight.

Nonetheless, the books kept me entranced throughout right to the end. If you are interested, check out the covers below:










The new movie of Twilight shall be released on 21 Nov 2008 and I will be watching it together with maomao. She was the one who introduced me to the Twilight saga. Ironically, she has never read the series before so it would be the first time that she will learn about the eternal love between Bella and Edward.

As it's a teenage story series, the writing is not as intense as those of mature writers like Judith McNaught and Nicholas Sparks. Nonetheless, it was still good to read for the action sequences in the plot.

I would give the series a 3 out of 5 stars for easy reading. Overall, my favourite book of the series has to be Twilight as it offers the freshest insight into Bella's and Edward's world. I hate eclipse and breaking dawn as it kind of pisses me off whenever the love triangle between Bella, Edward and Jacob comes up.

It's too draggy and the author simply has a penchant for taking out old stuffs to write. It does not make any sense to me but she's the writer, who can argue with her? Then there's Bella's hesitation on almost everything. Frankly speaking, it's got onto my nerves. One moment she wants to be a vampire, then the next she worries about being a vampire. Darn. I don't think eighteen year old girls are supposed to behave so wishy-washy.

But that's just my opinion. You have to read the series in order to understand what I'm trying to bring across here. Or maybe you should spare yourself the agony and just read the spoilers on wikipedia.

Right.

That should prolong your life by just a margin, I suppose. Or perhaps, we could find our own Edwards and get them to vampirize us. Won't that be absolutely lovely?

Yum! Being a vampire should certainly be a good thing. Then I won't have to worry about anything, except to get blood. That should be easy if I have a diet like the Cullens, hunting only on animals.

Too bad, there are no real vampires in this world and no, I won't haunt Robert Pattinson to try to get him to bite me, if ya know what I mean. He's human too. Awww shucks!

I guess it will all be just a bad dream. Oh well, I'll get over it soon enough. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment