Sunday, August 3, 2008

My National Day 2008 Preview

Finally the day has arrived!

The day where I will be catching the National Day Parade live for the 1st time in my life as an audience. My effort in balloting for the NDP 08 Preview tickets for the 1st time yielded good results.

And so, I went to the preview with my friend, Mayi aka Angeline Chew yesterday. We met up early in order to go the venue early so that we can get the best seats possible. From our viewpoint, we figured that we got quite a good seating area as we could see the stage in whole and we were able to get good shots of the stage.

It was a long wait before we could get some relief from the hot weather. The sun shone non-stop during our wait and it was hard to get comfortable in a cramp seat for long period of time. Furthermore the girl sitting on my right kept poking her umbrella onto my shoulder which hurt a lot. I can tell you that it was truly a test of my patience when the girl just refused to be considerate when using her umbrella. I really felt like committing a murder there and then. Damn her....

I took loads of photos during the preview and posted them onto my Facebook Photo albums, which can be accessed by public. My photography skills are not quite up to scratch and my Casio Exilim EX-70 is not an excellent camera for long shots so some of the photos don't turn out quite nice. So sad sia...

When the Comex comes at the end of this month, I'm gonna invest in a good superzoom camera which is also able to take good shots in dim light conditions. That's for sure.

All right. The urls for the public albums are listed below:

Part 1

Part 2

Yup. I also took videos of the fireworks which are the main highlights of the show. I'm still uploading the videos onto my web pages and it's taking forever to finish uploading, at the rate it's going.

Nonetheless, the fireworks was simply amazing. They took my breath away, literally. I was so awed by the beauty of the fireworks that I wish that I could set off my own fireworks. If only fireworks are legalised in Singapore, that would be a totally different story altogether. *sighs*

Anyways, once the preview had ended, both mayi and I went for dinner at Sushi Tei at Raffles City. I still prefer the outlet at Vivo City as the food and service are much better than this Raffles City outlet.

I didn't ate that much as mayi's mum was around and I wasn't exactly comfortable with her. Not totally, you know what I mean? Hmmm....

So, after the dinner, I went on to meet Veron and my other colleagues at Party World KTV at Shenton Way for a singing session, though I didn't sing that much. Having sung so many national day songs earlier on had sorta tired me out. Heehee...

Yep. That's all for the day. Enough rabbling. I'll post my fireworks videos as soon as I can get them up. See ya!!!

=)


No comments:

Post a Comment