Saturday, August 9, 2008

F.I.R. Concert! w00t!

Last night mayi and I went to F.I.R. first world tour concert at Singapore Indoor Stadium. Initially I hadn't taken notice of their concert but when mayi asked me whether I want to attend the concert, I agreed without hesitation.

When F.I.R. first came out in year 2004 with their debut album, I was immediately attracted by their unique music arrangement and Faye's excellent voice. I loved all the songs on the debut album and that was a first for me in recent years. Only Jay Chou has the ability to make fall in love with all his songs. ^_^

Now, fast forward to year 2008. With 4 albums under their belts, F.I.R. has indeed come a long way since their debut days. Their trial and errors with the experiments of music led them to their highs and lows in their music career but through it all, they gritted their teeth and might to finish their journey.

Last but not least, Faye and Real had found true love within each other and it was a joyous occasion when Real proposed to Faye last Christmas. Indeed, everyone had been so happy for the lovebirds and that love shone throughout the concert as well. I am very honored to be part of their joy.

For the most part, I sat quietly through the concert as my seating area is not the crazy fans' arena so thank god I was able to enjoy the concert in peace for the most part.

As expected, F.I.R. performed all the crowd favourite songs which had garnered them huge scale of popularity.

Lydia... Fly Away... Get High... so much more!

Faye looked respledent in her white costume and later when she changed into a gold costume, she truly looked like a queen who has come of age.

To see the pictures that I took during the concert, go to this link. Once again, the quality of the pictures are not that good as my camera does not take night shots very well. It totally sucked at that. Pui!

Then there's the zoom issue too. The 3x zooming feature is not enough to capture F.I.R. closely at all. The only one shot that was close had been based on digital zoom, not optical zoom, so the picture quality suffered. Damn...

Overall the concert was a rousing success for F.I.R. and fans couldn't have asked for more than this. Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment