Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cool Feature on my MSI Wind

I have been testing out a special function which is unique to MSI Wind netbooks. The underclocking button. That's right, you can actually underclock the processor to conserve the battery power. Interesting, isn't it?

Take a look at the screenshots of my Wind below.

The original processor speed, 1.6 GHz.


After using the underclocking function, it now goes down to 800 MHz.


This feature is activated by pressing the Fn+F10 together. Initially, the Wind was supposed to get an overclocking feature but at the last hour, the company decided to ship the final unit with a underclocking feature instead.

So now I am waiting to see how long my Wind can last this time round, compared to the previous 1 hour and 15 minutes. This is really fun! =)

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment