Sunday, September 27, 2009

Manga Read: Midnight Secretary

I have completed reading a new manga series, Midnight Secretary, and I absolutely love it! I got my copy from Aerandria Scans and boy, I'm so glad that I found this lovely manga.



The manga follows the story of a private secretary, Kaya, and her super handsome boss, Kyouhei. Kaya was introduced as a potential secretarial candidate for Kyouhei by his brother, Masaki. However Kyouhei rejected Kaya mainly because she don't look like a beauty to him and he only has interest in beautiful ladies.

This pisses Kaya and so with her persuasive powers, she managed to get Kyouhei to agree to let her work on a trial run to determine her abilities at work. However, what Kaya did not count on was the hidden secret of her boss. He is a vampire and he takes his 'meals' by seducing beuatiful women. That explains why so many beautiful women are seen going in and out of his office all the time.

And so this begins Kaya's strange journey into the supernatural world of vampires and her subsequent romance with Kyouhei. Kyouhei was very reluctant to get involved with her as she is a human. Humans caused him to get alienated from the vampire branch and hence he was forced to survive on his own. Thus Kaya had a tough time when she realised she had fallen in love with her seemingly cold boss.

Well eventually love wins over everything and the two of them live happily ever after. What I love about this series is the incredible artwork and the story plot. The artwork is so gorgeous and Kyouhei is the most handsome boss that I have ever seen. If only I have a boss like that... aww... You know what I mean when you see the pictures below.










Look at those smoking eyes of Kyouhei. Aren't they seductive? Heehee... As for Kaya, she has super big eyes that reminds me of Ayumi Hamasaki. Both of them possess huge eyes that I wish I could have too. =(

The plot is also good with intriguing hues of supernatural themes as well as a generous dose of humour. I love this sensei's sense of humour. It's so adorable =D

I have to check out more of this mangaka's works as the artwork is simply too beautiful and I'm a sucker for beautiful things. So there you go. One more series completed. Phew....

No comments:

Post a Comment