Sunday, August 30, 2009

Kudos to Mayday Concert 2009

Finally the day has come and gone, just like the wind blows. However it was a worthwhile 3 hours and 45 minutes of wind that fans here were treated to during their two days concert in Singapore. I am referring to the recently ended concerts held by Taiwan's most popular boyband ever, Mayday. Both Queenie and I had bought the tickets way back in March or April this year but we were not lucky enough to grab the side seats that can give the best view of the band members.

Nonetheless we arranged to meet up at Kallang MRT but ended up meeting at Kallang Leisure Park instead as I was running late. I have not gone out for quite a while so my time calculations tend to be wrong these days. I brought my newly bought SH-06A keitai along with my Sony digital camera in order to take pictures and videos of the concerts, especially of the band members like Ashin. He's my favourite member out of the five guys. Hee...

Since this is Mayday we are talking about, the number of fans is significantly higher than what is normal, I suppose. The stage was set up in a 180 degrees turn, unlike last year's 360 degrees turn. As like any other concerts, the music came on at 8.30pm and we were shown a short clip of a story that starred the members as a gang of robbers trying to steal a DNA sample from a vault. They were being chased by the police and at the end of the chase, the stage opened up to reveal a car hanging in the middle of a wall.

That cued the signal for the band to come in and from then onwards, the fans went wild. The band performed numerous hits and sent the noise decibel way up high. Ashin was exceptionally good and every time he raised his hands, the fans cheered out loud. Then we were also treated to the excellent guitar prowess of Monster, Stone and Masa. Among the three, I like Monster the best as he looks extremely cool while playing the electric guitar.

Ming was the kooky guy who tried to entertain the fans with some singing but he was constantly teased by his band-mates for being a terrible singer. They even pretended to beg him not to sing anymore and that sent the whole stadium roaring with laughter. For me, I truly enjoyed the camaradie that can be clearly seen among the band-mates. This is the real reason why Mayday can retain its popularity and its fanbase for such a long time. On top of that, they also have won several awards in major music events and thus were conferred the title of 'Asia's Heavenly Band' by the chinese media.

Throughout the concert, they continued to belt out hit favourites while engaging in some funny antics to get the crowd's roaring laughter. This is one concert that I enjoy so much that I was sad to see it end. However, as their previous night concert had went beyond midnight, we were hoping for the best too. In this aspect, Mayday did not disappoint. Friday's show was an add-on and there is no reason why Saturday's show, being the first show, should be shorter than the add-on.

Mayday is so kind to its fans and they performed way beyond the standard two hours concert fare. It was 15 minutes after midnight before they finally ended the show with a last bow. Not only that, their interaction with fans also lasted longer than what other stars would give. I was so jealous when Ashin stood on the right side of the fan box for so long. I would be able to see him closer if only I had managed to get a better seat. My camera's 5 times optical zoom is also not enough to get a clear picture of his face. Aww....

The next best thing to get a shot of his face would be to aim at the large screen but still, nothing beats the real thing. Some fans even poked Ashin in the back, in an attempt to get personal. Lucky them, poor Ashin. I bet he would be getting numerous bruises from all the pokes. Hee...

My Sharp Aquos keitai is not powerful enough to get very close-up shots of the stage. Oh well. I have got to get a better camera the next time when I am richer. Wahaha... However I did managed to shoot a couple of videos of my favourite songs, though the quality is not so good. Aww... Me and my clumsy hands are at fault.

Nonetheless being able to attend this concert and see Mayday has been a truly satisfying experience and they promised to be back next year. If that's the case, then I'll have two concerts to look forward to: Jay Chou and Mayday. Jay holds his concerts once every two years and I attended his concert last year and you bet I will be attending his concert next year if it ever comes. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment