Thursday, May 28, 2009

So Pissed Off At A Stupid Door!

I can't believe my eyes today when I received an email from my boss, complaining about me not closing her office door before I left for home after work. See what she wrote in the email below:

--

I just came back from CCK, my office aircon is on and door is opened.

Understand that before I left, XX's thing was in my office and thus I did not close my door.

In future, before you leave the office, pls ensure my aircon is off and door is closed.

Thanks!

--

For the record, I am not a secretary, just a lowly-ranked admin assistant and this is the kind of treatment I get from my boss. I get the feeling that she looks down on me. It's pathetic, isn't it?

You could say that I am totally not used to this kind of thing at all. In my previous job, there was no separate room specially to cater to my boss. We all share the same office room and it's an open concept. Hence, doors never come into the picture unless you are talking about the main office door.

Ok, I admit I forgotten to close her door but must she make such a hussy fit about it? There's no valuables in her room. On top of that, the executives in my department has the tendency to use her room for their mini meetings and they always left the door open after they left. So does that mean I am solely responsible for the closure of the stupid door?

It's just a door. If I remember to close it, fine. If I don't, is there a need to make a big fuss about it? Bah!

Anyway I have just closed and LOCKED the door since she won't be coming to the office for 2 days. It definitely would not be fair to me if I had already closed the door and the executives left it open after that. Damn them anyway.

One more thing. She actually made the effort to come back to office after working hours just to check her room. She sent that email at 6.42pm, a time where most people have already logged off work.

I don't know how my boss' mind works but it is definitely not in the right working condition. I am already trying to stay out of her way in order to avoid trouble but it was all in futile. Maybe she might come in this evening to check her fateful door again.

Ahhh whatever. I might just blast that door away, knock down the walls so that she won't have a room anymore.

Bleah!

No comments:

Post a Comment