Sunday, May 17, 2009

Movie Watch: Angels and Demons

Yesterday, I went to watch the latest movie starring Tom Hanks, Angels and Demons, with Queenie. This movie is based off the best-selling book by Dan Brown with the same name.



Movie Poster



Book Cover


More or less, the movie followed the premise of the book but personally I don't really like the casting of Tom Hanks in the main role of Robert Langdon. I had imagined a much younger Robert. Hanks is way too old for my professor fantasies. Muawahaha!

The movie wasn't that bad but it wasn't particularly good either. I don't get sucked into the movie's plot and the dialogue between characters was bland too. Sometimes Hollywood doesn't get it right and this is one of them.

No doubt the action is there but I just don't feel satisfied from watching the movie. Perhaps my expectations are too high but the feeling that I got from reading the book was much better than this. I was truly enthralled by the book's plot and pacing, something lacking in the movie.

The few comic reliefs in the movie were quite funny but then, they don't lift the movie up a lot. Perhaps I should re-read the book again to get that previous feeling of thrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment