Sunday, April 5, 2009

Manga Read: Bleach [Update]

As far as my Bleach reading goes, I am still in the middle of the manga but since my previous post, I have advanced to chapter 245.

Slowly I am getting closer to reaching the latest arc and its chapters. Besides, the latest chapter has just been released, bringing the total chapters to 352. Since this manga is a weekly release, the next due day is this coming Wednesday. So if I can manage to reach the latest chapters before Wednesday, I will be at the most up-to-date arc and its plot.

So far, I have completed the Soul Society arc and now I'm reading the Arrancar arc. This arc follows the betrayal of Aizen and his gang, which happened in the Soul Society arc. Aizen intends to build his own army of arrancars to invade and destroy the Soul Society, a mission which he failed to carry out in the previous arc due to Ichigo's interference.

As usual, the plot is engaging and many fighting scenes are included, though now there seems to be more focus on one of the side characters, Inoue Orihime. She is being targeted by Aizen for her special ability to reverse time and thus seems to be able to heal any sort of injury. Now it's up to Ichigo, Uryuu and Sado to save her from Aizen's clutches.

There is also a new character I find very cool, Ulquiorra Cifer. A picture of him is shown below:





I believe this is the anime version of Ulquiorra. By the way, I must admit that I am still unable to pronounce his name correctly. The spelling alone took me 2 days to get it right. Now I must source for the sound of his name. It's like a tongue twister. Meh...

Nonetheless, he still looks very cool and to date, I prefer him more than any other espadas. The one espada that I dislike a lot is Grimmjow. I think he's an arrogant and insolent espada. He always want to do things his own way. He even dared to disobey orders and start fights with Ichigo and gang. His picture is depicted as below:





He looks like he is in need of a nasty beating, eh? Heehee....

As for the Soul Society side, I am starting to like Byakuya and Toushirou more. Byakuya's love and concern for his adopted sister, Rukia, is very emotional and touching. It's hard not to like him after all he has done for her. He carries a serious on his face at all times, just like the picture below:





Toushirou is very cute but is also very stern for a boy. However his concern for Hinamori is rather discernable and this makes him more enduring. His relationship with his vice-captain, Rangiku, is rather strong and she is willing to turn against her childhood friend, Gin, to fight alongside with Toushirou. See how cool Toushirou poses below:





So now I'm off to continue my arrancar arc and I'm sure Ichigo will emerge victorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment