Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So Tired of Work

To be honest, work is never an enjoyable part of my life. Ever. I have always dreaded going to work everyday and if possible, I would love to avoid working at all.

In reality, things don't always go your way. Hence, I am still stuck as being an office worker in a horrible company with horrible colleagues. Here, there are many masks to be worn and beware of the people hiding behind those fake masks. You never know which type of smile will hide a poison knife.

So most of the time I am alone and I try to stay out of trouble. It is never in my best interest to defy any orders given to me for it would means inviting trouble upon myself. In fact, my boss expects me to do more than what my job description states. The more work I do, the better she'll rate me.

Sadly, I never get the credits for the work that I have done. You can say that it's a thankless job. I can also forget about calling me colleague ot friend. They simply just like to leave me out of the loop. Well, not that I mind alot but I don't appreciate being treated like a rag doll. When my colleagues need me to do work, they will come to me. But when there's nothing else, they just chuck me aside.

Also, my dept is biased towards the executives. Executives get all the benefits like birthday celebrations and numerous tea-breaks. However, the admin staffs don't get anything at all. My dept also has to do the stuffs which other depts don't want to do. Hence, my dept is very messy and there is no sense of belonging either.

Working is getting more depressing by the day and nothing perks me up unless if it's time to go home. Pathetic, eh?

Oh well, life in Singapore is like that and no matter which company you work for, it's almost always the same thing. Life certainly sucks.

=(

No comments:

Post a Comment