Saturday, December 13, 2008

Missing those yummy butter pork ribs

I just had a very satisfying lunch a few hours ago and I'm still missing one of the dishes as it was so good and delicious that I couldn't keep my mind off of it.

That particular dish is none other than butter pork ribs. Here's a picture of it on which I found on the web:




Just the look of the dish makes my mouth drools. Those creamy powder that you see on the pork ribs are actually the butter powder. The butter is slowly cooked until it turns into this powdery substance. Amazing, isn't it?

The taste of the butter pork ribs is quite milky and yet crisp. I just don't know how to put it into words. You have to taste it to know how delicious this dish is. Oh, it's at Blk 116 Commonwealth road.

I went with my colleagues to this zi char stall just to savour this dish. Of course, we did ordered other dishes to complement our lunch. Initially I was very surprised when my colleagues asked me out for lunch. Normally they like to hang out by themselves so I often have my lunch alone.

It was during the lunch that it was announced that this was a welcome lunch for our newest executive. In my heart, I was thinking about the unfairness again in my dept. We had a new admin colleague joining us last month yet till to date, no one had actually bothered to give her a welcome lunch. I don't know if the fact that she's a muslim plays a part because there's very limited muslim food choices here so if we were to have a lunch for her, it would be tough to find a halal stall.

Yet we would never know because we never bother to try. Then here comes this new executive and he was promptly given a welcome lunch within a week. *sighs*

That's the reality here in my dept. They look kindly upon excutives but they outright ignore admins. Sadly enough, I belong to the admin group and so gets outcast along with the rest of the admins. This situation only happens for my dept. In other dept, you can see that the executives mingle well with their admin staff.

It's truly depressing to work for this kind of dept where rank disparity plays such a big part. I hope I can leave this world of oppression soon otherwise I might lose my sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment