Saturday, October 11, 2008

Blackberry Storm Looks Awesome

CNET Asia has gotten a new report on an upcoming phone from Research In Motion (RIM). Pictures of the new phone, Blackberry Storm, has been posted by CNET for easy reference:



The date on the phone happens to be my birthday!Cool!

It's a touchphone with RIM's new technology, Clickthrough. Rather than provide haptic feedback like Samsung's Omnia, RIM uses a suspension system that lies beneath the display, so that when you select an application or enter text, you actually push the screen down like you would any other tactile button.

That's so cool but wouldn't that makes the screen more vulnerable to scratches and thumbprints? Since it's still too early to say, RIM probably might improvise the screen further. If the price is attractive and the phone functions are impressive, then I might change my phone to this Storm.

Today, my Nokia N95 8GB died on me for no reason and I'm very pissed off right now as that would leave me phoneless for 2 solid days. Looks like Nokia is losing its touch and the quality of its phones are getting worse.

All I need now is for the new phones to be released asap so that I could lay my hands on them. *drools*

No comments:

Post a Comment