Wednesday, September 3, 2008

JCI Lunch Celebration

Finally the JCI is over! No more getting stressed out over those last minute job requests by the clinic staffs. My boss had taken a 1 week leave right after the end of the audit but still managed to get me to arrange for a department lunch celebration.

Susan was intend on choosing The Line restaurant at Shangri-la Hotel and so that's where we headed for a nice session of buffet lunch.

At least it was nice until that Dolly decided to snatch my food away. More specifically, she snatched away my raw oysters each time I returned with a plate of them. Damn her.

Besides celebrating the end of JCI, Susan wanted to celebrate Peishi's birthday as well. She ordered me to get a birthday cake at the same restaurant. For the record, only executives' birthdays are celebrated. Admin staffs are always conveniently left out, or perhaps it's deliberately left out. Either way, I regretted ordering the best cake for Peishi's birthday. I should have ordered the cheapest cake on the house.

To cap off the celebration, we had a picture taken. It would have been a full department picture if not for the absence of Ismie, who had to skip this lunch due to fasting month.





Well, we did told him that we could have dinner instead but he refused. Not that we are being mean to him. But then again, he's an admin staff too so probably his feelings were not as important as those of the executives.

Yeah... by now you should have known that my company is a screwed up one. Admin staffs are dumped or pushed aside in favour of executives. Too bad for me, I belong to the admin side and so those perks do not apply to me as well. I doubt anybody bothers to remember my birthday.

Life sucks big time here and I can't wait to get out of this shitty place.

Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment