Tuesday, June 10, 2008

iPhone 3G Coming!!!

When I checked my email just now, I got a nice little surprise (ok, it's not exactly THAT surprising) from Apple Inc. See below:



The iPhone is coming to Singapore very soon. However, reports are speculating that it will most probably arrive after its launch in other countries. That means it will be after July. Boy, I feel an impulse to buy it immediately. Clicking on the website's retailers brought me to this:





Looks like Singtel is certainly very proud of being the first operator to announce officially that it will be selling the iPhone 3G in Singapore.

In any case, I read through the specifications of the new phone and was quite disappointed with it. The camera on board is only a measly and dated 2 megapixels. My current Sony Ericsson K800i itself has a 3.2 megapixels camera. Oh gosh, can't Apple upgrade the camera specifications? In addition, there doesn't seems to be an expansion slot included into the phone.

I don't know whether it would be worthwhile to buy the phone as Apple's presence in Singapore is quite limited. Its iTunes store doesn't even include the Singapore market. So a lot of things would be pretty much useless as Apple's products are closely linked to its iTunes online store.

Only time will tell. I'm praying hard. Very hard. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment